Church opening during Pandemic.
Following the governments new lockdown rules regarding church services and ban on outdoor gatherings, our intended Remembrance services across the Benefice of the Hedinghams and Upper Colne will need to move online.
This Sunday’s service, available on the Facebook Village pages, YouTube and our website will feature our local War memorials and include the British Legion offering us their usual words, music and 2 minute silence.
Please do not gather at the memorial at 11am on Sunday or on the 11th, but perhaps use your exercise time to visit our war memorials over the next few days and pay your respects in private.
Although our buildings are closed, as a church community we are still praying for this situation and our parishes and we send every blessing.
We are a group of seven churches in the historic, beautifully rural Hedingham and Upper Colne area.
Each of our churches has its own individual and unique personality. However, as a benefice, we are united in our shared passion of serving the people in our communities. We’re a caring, friendly and open-minded group who’s primary role is to take good care of souls. Learn about our wider vision and how we engage with our community below.
A vision for our churches
In the light of God’s call, our vision is to promote Christian faith and fellowship in our community by :
- proclaiming the Gospel of God’s saving love through Jesus Christ
- worshiping God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit with joy and sincerity
- welcoming all who come to church, respecting our differences
- serving one another and this community in the power of God’s grace
- praying for parishioners in need and for the wider community
- meeting our financial obligations
- doing all that we can with care and joy